Summer is the season of vibrant colors and fresh flavors, and there’s no better way to embrace the tropical essence than with a mouthwatering mango salsa! Bursting with juicy mangoes, zesty lime, and a medley of colorful vegetables, this salsa is a delightful accompaniment to any summer meal. It’s also packed with the powerful antioxidant zeaxanthin.
Zeaxanthin’s superpower is that it transforms into vitamin A within our bodies. This means it’s not only fantastic for our eye health, protecting against visual fatigue, macular degeneration, and cataracts, but it also plays a crucial role in supporting our immune system and maintaining the integrity of our gut lining. If you want to read more about the health benefits of zeaxanthin, check out this article.
Whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue or simply looking for a refreshing snack, this easy-to-make mango salsa recipe is sure to impress your taste buds and leave you craving more. Let’s dive into the flavors of the tropics with this delicious mango salsa recipe!
Antioxidant Packed Mango Salsa
– 2 ripe mangoes, diced
– 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
– 1/2 yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
– 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
– 1 small cucumber, seeded and diced
– 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (adjust for spice preference)
– 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
– 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
– 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Start by washing and peeling the ripe mangoes. Dice the mango flesh into small cubes and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
2. Finely chop the red and yellow bell peppers, red onion, and cucumber. For a milder salsa, you can remove the seeds from the jalapeño before mincing it. Add all the chopped vegetables to the mixing bowl with the diced mangoes.
3. Wash the fresh cilantro thoroughly and chop it finely. Add the cilantro to the mixing bowl with the other ingredients.
4. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the mango and vegetable mixture. The lime juice adds a tangy kick that perfectly complements the sweetness of the mango.
5. Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil over the salsa and gently toss all the ingredients together. The olive oil adds a luscious touch and helps to bring all the flavors together.
6. Season the mango salsa with salt and pepper to taste. Be cautious with the salt, as the sweetness of the mango may already be enough for some palates.
7. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate the mango salsa for at least 30 minutes. Chilling allows the flavors to meld and intensifies the deliciousness of this tropical creation.
Once the flavors have mingled, take the mango salsa out of the refrigerator and give it a quick stir. Serve it fresh with your favorite tortilla chips, pita bread, or as a topping for grilled fish, chicken, or shrimp. The vibrant colors and tantalizing aroma of this mango salsa will surely brighten up any table and leave your guests asking for more!
Pro Tip: To add an extra dimension of flavor, consider tossing in some diced avocado or a pinch of cayenne pepper for a spicy kick! Enjoy your mango salsa and savor the taste of summer!
Join Our Mailing List!
Sign up and be the first to know about specials, promotions and our latest articles on health and wellness.
Cara Schulz, a cancer survivor and green tea lover, has opened The Flower Pot, a holistic wellness shop in Burnsville that offers products ranging from medicinal teas and wellness tonics and herbal tinctures.